Do you know the physiological definition of stress? It is surprisingly simple: It’s an event that causes the body to release the stress hormones adrenaline and cortisol.
It is a completely normal reaction of your system to a vast spectrum of unpleasant situations.
Chronic stress, on the other hand, is a totally different animal. Your stress response mechanism is always turned on, your glands are constantly releasing hormones and, as a consequence, your whole system is out of balance.
Now, imagine a perfectly natural way to restore that balance. A gentle ally that works together with your body, repairing your functions regardless of the type of stress you are exposed to.
In this review, we will give you five of the best adaptogen supplements. Each of these supplements brings the whole array of benefits for your stress-ridden bodies and minds.
Adaptogen Comparison Chart
Best Adaptogen Supplement Reviews
1. AdaptoTrax™ Superior Adaptogen Supplements Blend
In this case, the genie in a bottle comes in the form of adaptogen pills. This doesn’t make it less magical. Arguably the most popular adaptogen formula out there, it is extremely efficient at sending reinforcements to your battle with stress. It also brings many more benefits to your long-term health, all at a very decent price.
The Adaptotrax™ contains a powerful combination of the most potent adaptogens: Ashwagandha, Rhodiola Rosea, Holy Basil, Siberian & Panax Ginseng, Schizandra Berry, and more. That means there is much more in store with this adaptogen supplement than merely fighting off stress.
Lowering your stress hormone level and restoring balance is just the beginning with Adaptotrax™ supplementation. Its natural ingredients will enhance your brain activity, providing a boost to your memory and learning abilities, all while keeping you calm and relaxed.
A profound change in your physical performance is another great effect of this supplement. It will increase your muscle output, enhance your stamina, shorten your physical recovery period, and even give you an increase in muscle size.
- BUY MORE = SAVE MORE! - Save 5% on orders using promotion code: VTAMNK05 when you buy 3 bottles or more. SAVE EVEN MORE and get 15% off with promo code VTAMNK15 when you buy 6 bottles or more. (Cannot be combined with any other offers)
- ENHANCE YOUR BRAINPOWER & COGNITIVE FUNCTION - The all natural adaptogens used in AdaptoTrax are considered Nature's best natural nootropic, and can give your brain a boost when it needs it. AdaptoTrax contains the best adaptogens: KSM-66 Ashwagandha, Rhodiola Rosea, Bacopa Monnieri, Panax & Siberian Ginseng, Schizandra & More. They can stimulate neuron synapse activity, provide heightened brainpower and laser-like concentration, increase memory and learning with no artificial fillers..
- THE BEST POSSIBLE NATURAL SUPPORT FOR STRESS, ANXIETY & FATIGUE - Adaptogens are an extremely powerful group of herbal supplements used in ancient Ayurveda medicine for their wide range of health benefits. When supplemented before a stressful event, it limits the effects of stress and fatigue on the body - providing a whole range of mental and physical benefits to your performance.
- BOOST YOUR PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE. In helping your body deal better with all kinds of stress, you'll notice a result in your athletic performance. These adaptogens can help you increase your energy levels, VO2 max, stamina and power output and decrease your recovery time. They can even increase muscle size, growth and strength and improve athletic endurance. Whether you're looking to perform better in the gym or the workplace - AdaptoTrax can help.
- SAFE & EFFECTIVE - At VitaMonk we source the highest quality ingredients available and go to great lengths to make sure our supplements meet the highest safety standards. We do not use artificial fillers. AdaptoTrax is all natural and does not contain magnesium stearate. 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - You can Buy It Now with no financial risk whatsoever.
What's to like about the AdaptoTrax™ Superior Adaptogen Supplements Blend
The greatest thing is the universality of this adaptogen formula. Not only does it battle stress and cleans up the physiological mess, it brings you back in the saddle significantly stronger, both mentally and physically.
What's not to like about the AdaptoTrax™ Superior Adaptogen Supplements Blend
This is not necessarily a bad thing, but you will have to be patient for changes to take effect. Expecting a kick to the system in just a few days could lead some folks to disappointment. Just give this natural supplement powerhouse a few weeks and don’t worry.
2. Premier Research Labs Adaptogen-R3™
This very broad and powerful adaptogen formula will help your body to fend off anxiety, quell hormonal chaos, and normalize your everyday functioning. However, there are some minor inconsistencies regarding its effects.
This is a natural blend of carefully selected supplements: Rhodiola Rosea, Rhodiola Crenulata, Eleuthero, Maca, Opuntia, and more.
It slowly, yet consistently, reduces your stress over time, alleviates anxiety, helps you with your sleep, and has an overall calming impact. If there is one word to describe this product, it is “soothing.”
- THE HEALTHY RESPONSE TO OCCASIONAL STRESS: Premier Research Labs's Adaptogen-R3 is a comprehensive, multi-botanical formula that promotes the entire adaptogenic process while helping to moderate occasional mental and physical stress. It contains adaptogen herbs that have the unique ability to "adapt" its function according to your body's specific needs, such as promoting a healthy response to occasional stress.
- ENRICHED WITH RHODIOLA ROSEA: Adaptogen-R3 features the well-known botanical adaptogen, Rhodiola Rosea. Rhodiola, also known as the Golden root, is a hardy Siberian plant that has been used traditionally for hundreds of years. Extensive research has shown that Rhodiola offers a range of valuable properties including support for occasional mental and physical stress as well as cardiovascular and metabolic health.
- ONE OF OUR FAVORITES: Adaptogen-R3 is one of our top 10 products and a client favorite. Now you can start the day with a new class of premier quality nutritional products that offer you the ultimate in adaptogenic nutrient technology. The true revitalization must occur from the inside out. We highly recommend adding Adaptogen-R3 to your daily supplement foundational regimen.
- VEGETARIAN FORMULA: Adaptogen-R3 is the realization of a breakthrough fermentation process yielding all vegetarian ingredients and its incredible formula is verified by independent testing according to USP guidelines and standards.
- UNCOMPROMISING QUALITY: At Premier Research Labs, we never compromise on safety, efficacy or quality on any product. We go a quantum leap further by striving to produce products that are 100% excipient-free.
What's to like about the Premier Research Labs Adaptogen-R3™
This product does a great job of helping your adrenal glands, unobtrusively working its way through your system. It slowly reduces adrenal hormone levels to normal, making you calmer and more balanced. Your sleep will be radically improved, in both quality and quantity.
What's not to like about the Premier Research Labs Adaptogen-R3™
Some people might feel too calm, to the point of nearly total inactiveness. Therefore, you might want to lower the usual dose of the supplement. Considering the suggested dose of 3 capsules a day, we wonder if the price is a bit too high.
3. Paradise Herbs Imperial Adaptogen
This budget-friendly adaptogen formula gradually suppresses stress and reinstates hormonal balance while sending you streams of energy over time. It gives a boost in a subtle manner, albeit sometimes too subtle.
The Imperial Adaptogen blends an abundance of ingredients: Eleuthero, Rhodiola, Reishi, Ashwagandha, Astragalus, Holy Basil, Schisandra, to mention a few.
This supplement has everything it takes to put your hormones in order, silence the anxiety and enable you to sleep like a baby. It also has certain positive effects on mental clarity and emotional balance.
If you have in mind an affordable formula with gentle impact on your body, the Imperial Adaptogen might just be the thing.
- PARADISE IMPERIAL ADAPTOGEN IS A POTENT 10:1: Using a 100% natural extraction method the true essence of the whole herb is captured, therefore retaining all of its active and synergistic constituents in a truly potent holistic full spectrum form the way nature intended.**
What's to like about the Paradise Herbs Imperial Adaptogen
Very rich in ingredients, it is a great choice for people who are moderately affected by stress.
What's not to like about the Paradise Herbs Imperial Adaptogen
If your stressors are forcing you on a hormonal rollercoaster ride, you will likely find it too mild, sometimes even ineffective.
4. Four Sigmatic Adaptogen Blend
One of the more popular blends, it contains all the crucial natural adaptogens. One teaspoon of this rather unappetizing powder rapidly transforms your coffee, hot chocolate, tea or glass of water into a small volcano of health.
Designed for protecting your immune system as much as for dealing with stress, the Four Sigmatic is one of the formulas absolutely worthy of respect. With this product, it is recommended not to wait for the stress to strike. Feel free to drink it every morning, even if you feel grand.
Like all the other adaptogen supplements in this article, the Four Sigmatic is very rich in ingredients: Reishi, Cordyceps, Asian Ginseng, Ashwagandha, Tulsi, Gynostemma, Amla, Schisandra, Turmeric, Ginger, and Black Pepper.
Unlike coffee, which teleports you from point A to point B by giving a boost to your stress response mechanism, this blend simply helps you to get there without getting tired.
- FULL-BODY SUPPORT FROM TOP 10 ADAPTOGENS
- 10 species of different adaptogens that are all widely researched
- Featuring two mushrooms, reishi and cordyceps; two roots, ginseng and ashwagandha; two leaves, tulsi and gynostemma; two berries, amla and schisandra; and two super spices, ginger and turmeric.
- Vegan, gluten-free, GMO-free, and no additives or preservatives
- Each bag has 30 large dosages
What's to like about the Four Sigmatic Adaptogen Blend
You can consume it at any time, and with various benefits. Besides standard hormone-balancing function, it possesses strong endurance enhancing qualities, stimulates cognitive functions and helps with sleep.
What's not to like about the Four Sigmatic Adaptogen Blend
You may find it hard to swallow because of its strong, unpleasant taste. The price is even harder to swallow because it’s pretty costly.
5. Dragon Herbs Super Adaptogen
This is a truly classic example of an adaptogen supplement. It reduces stress, rids you of anxiety, and supports your immune system while giving you an almost mysterious sense of calm. However, there are a few twists that might ruin this somewhat expensive Zen.
Straight out of Chinese tradition, this herbal work of art brings you a very potent mix of far-eastern natural adaptogens: Rhodiola, Ginseng, Eucommie, Duanwood Reishi, Eleuthero, Astralagus, Goji Berry, Gynostemma, He Shou, Wu Root, Schizandra, and more.
It promotes your systems’ own ability to cope with various stressful situations. It reinstates your chemical balance, protects your immune system, and has some beneficial effects on your digestive system.
For people exposed to physical stress, it can be a useful energizer. The same goes for people who work behind the desk for long periods of time.
What's to like about the Dragon Herbs Super Adaptogen
This low-key formula will give you a good night sleep and relieve you of unnecessary angst and worry. Simultaneously, you’ll feel a slight desire to be more active.
What's not to like about the Dragon Herbs Super Adaptogen
Some people might find it too mild. Also, while giving you a sense of calm it can somewhat reduce your sense of well-being, which can be a little disturbing.
ADAPTOGEN SUPPLEMENTS BUYER'S GUIDE
It’s very important to realize that different people react differently to adaptogens. Motives for consumption differ a lot, too.
What do you hope to accomplish? Do you only want a shot in the arm to get you through a hard period? Or do you wish to patiently renew your damaged system? Are all adaptogens equally good for you? Are they absolutely safe? What if you take too much?
We will gladly offer some insight on how to decide which qualities of which adaptogen might suit you. Here are the most popular and common types that constitute the majority of ingredients in all formulas.
Used in India since time immemorial, it is a nerve tonic that helps anxiety, fatigue, and insomnia. It enhances your endocrine function, stimulates an underactive thyroid gland, and normalizes the adrenal function. It is one of the most popular and efficient adaptogens.
Also known as Tulsi, this member of the mint family comes straight from ancient Ayurvedic tradition. One of its earliest uses was helping with upset stomach and vomiting. Nowadays, Holy Basil is mostly used for issues related to the nervous system, including support of memory, recovery from head trauma, and as a treatment for depression. Its immune-stimulating properties also help with environmental allergies.
Formerly known as Siberian Ginseng, this gentle nervine is a great everyday adaptogen. It helps people who are exposed to everyday stress, lowers high blood pressure, and maintains healthy cholesterol level and heart rate. It is also very helpful during recovery from illnesses or injuries. This gentle herb is a great supporter of the immune system, too, which makes it a good choice for everyday consumption.
One of the most studied adaptogens, this fleshy plant is native to cold, northern climates. It can be found in Canada, Russia, and Scandinavia. For centuries it was used by indigenous peoples of Siberia as a boost to physical and mental stamina and the immune system during cold days. It was also used to support fertility and the endocrine system. In Russia, it is officially considered an antidepressant.
Also known as Asian Ginseng or Korean Ginseng, this herb is thought to have good stimulating and/or soothing effect on the nervous system. It is believed it also has the capacity to decrease blood sugar, balance metabolism, and help the endocrine system to function properly.
Also referred to as Huang Qi, this plant played a very important part in traditional Asian medicine. Numerous qualities were attributed to Astragalus; it helps with the immune system, increases energy, and possesses antiviral and antibacterial properties. It is also used as a tea, or even as a poultice for wounds or burns.
Applied in Chinese and Tibetan medicine for more than five centuries, this mushroom is claimed to have a wide range of functions: helps in managing blood sugar level, supports heart and kidneys, enhances libido, boosts the immune system, and battles fatigue.
Also known as Schizandra or Schisandra Chinensis, it is a vine that grows in China and eastern parts of Russia. It is one of the most popular healing herbs in alternative medicine. Shisandra arguably has the most life-improving qualities of all traditional adaptogens, with a positive influence on every aspect of mental and physical health.
Often called Peruvian Ginseng, it is in no way related to Ginseng. It grows on the Andes of Peru in extremely harsh conditions. Usually used as in powder form, it is believed to have a great effect on energy, stamina, and fertility.
Native to hot and humid areas of Asia, this fungus plays an important part in Far Eastern medicine. It boosts the immune system, fights fatigue and depression. It can be taken fresh or in the form of powder.
Adaptogen supplements come in various packs and can be consumed in a variety of ways. These formulas usually come in small bottles with various amounts of pills. They also come in simple teabags or small bags of powder.
Not only do they differ in form, but also the dosage. For some, it is enough to take one pill or drink one tiny bag of powder in the morning to get you through the day. Others, for example, recommend the dose of three pills to be taken twice a day.
Safety and Efficacy
With the adaptogen as a new popular girl in Wellness-town, it’s hard to resist these natural substances when your stress-response mechanism is out of whack. So, let us help you clarify some issues before entering the world of herbal medicines.
First and foremost, all adaptogens are similar in their stress-supporting actions. Most of them also have the ability to battle fatigue and depression, and bring a sense of calm. Yet numerous studies have shown that these plants have valuable effects on many other conditions and illnesses.
We’ll mention just a few of them: empowering the immune system, helping your metabolic processes, stimulating mental performance, all the way to helping your brain cells slow down certain neurodegenerative diseases.
So, if you are determined to start with the supplements, we strongly suggest you thoroughly do your homework. Though every adaptogen blend is a great stress suppressor at its core, not all of them affect your system the same way when it comes to other benefits.
When it comes to safety, we can say that adaptogens are as safe as they come. There is no evidence that these herbs can cause any health problems, dependency or addiction. Minor side effects like dizziness, dry mouth, diarrhea, and insomnia may occur in cases of extreme overuse. Also, if you are undergoing therapy or taking prescription medication, some caution is advised. Other than that, if you plan to use adaptogens moderately and responsibly, go for it!
Since the birth of the dietary supplement industry, the goal has been to set high standards for the quality of merchandises. The result is an acronym GMP, which stands for Good Manufacturing Practice.
You may have seen this little GMP seal on various products. You may have also heard that every bottle bearing that seal meets the highest standards of manufacturing practice, equipment, ingredients, production, etc. And vice versa; no GMP seal means no fulfillment of the abovementioned standards.
That might not always be the case. Manufacturers, importers, and distributors of supplements are required to comply with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP) regulations. There is no approval process for getting the right to use the GMP seal. The manufacturer or the distributor are the ones responsible for introducing a safe food or dietary supplement to the market.
What are adaptogen supplements?
An adaptogen supplement contains a group of herbal ingredients that help your body maintain mental and physical balance. It is important to mention that true adaptogen supplements are the those that are derived from entirely natural ingredients.
What do adaptogens do?
Their primary role is aiding in your body’s adaption to circumstantial and environmental stressors by normalizing your hormonal levels. At the same time, they may bring other benefits to your body and mind.
How do adaptogens work?
First, it is crucial that you know the chemical background of stress.
Our adrenal glands respond to stress by releasing the so-called Big Three of hormones.
- Adrenaline is responsible for fight or flight response. A proper amount of adrenaline can be life-saving since this hormone creates the surge of energy for you to escape or overcome the danger
- Norepinephrine is responsible for the sense of arousal. It makes you more awake and aware. It also gives you focus. Furthermore, it intensifies blood-flow to more important parts of the body at the time, like muscles
- Cortisol is the stress hormone. It maintains fluid balance and blood pressure in times of stress while making sure other body functions continue to work normally. Yet, as a consequence of overexposure to stress, your adrenal gland constantly releases cortisol. It jeopardizes your immune system, increases sugar and blood pressure, and lowers your physical activity and libido. If you don’t have a solution for your problems (or at least an outlet of some kind), cortisol keeps building up because your brain is constantly asking your body to produce more
Adaptogens reduce cortisol level by nourishing and supporting overworked adrenal glands and reestablishing good communication between the gland and the brain, regardless of what caused the stress. In one word, adaptogens are normalizers.
How to take adaptogens?
It is really up to you. Some people prefer the pills, some like to mix the tincture with water. Others like to consume it in a form of tea, while many like one spoon of powder in their favorite smoothie.
As for the long-term usage, there should be no “one size fits all” approach. No one knows your body better than you, and that includes all the potential changes these supplements can make. If you feel you should take a break after a few days, then, by all means, take it. Likewise, if you can consume it every day for three months, good for you! Again, inform yourself properly and learn from other people’s experiences.
What are the benefits of adaptogens?
Remember, these are not medications, and they don’t treat specific conditions. But, with their potential to ease the stress, support the immune system and fight fatigue, and give you a general sense of improvement, you will want to give them a chance during your times of stress.
We can freely say that the Adaptotrax™ is the best adaptogen supplement out there. With its wide range of benefits and a plethora of powerful ingredients, Adaptotrax™ stands firmly on top of our list. If the price remains the same, most likely it will stay on top for some time. More info: [email protected] or +1 (888) 412-2033